Circle the word in parentheses that cannot complete the sentence correctly.
1. A huge bear is a (large, tiny, enormous) animal.
2. A pronoun for lady is (she, her, him.)
3. The feminine gender includes (woman, girl, fellow.)
4. Heat is related to (flame, frost, blaze.)
5. The wintry air made the girl (shiver, cold, simmer.)
6. A gentleman is (respectful, courteous, surly) to a guest.
7. John had to (plod, scurry, scamper) to get to school before the tardy bell rang.
8. The windows were damp because of the (humid, moist, dry) air.
9. The slick surface of the rock was almost as smooth as (glass, burlap, silk.)
10. The hikers watched the mountain climber's (descent, rise, ascent) to the top.
11. A king's loyal subject is always (faithful, devoted, traitorous.)
12. The wealthy lady lived in (affluence, opulence, poverty.)
13. An evil person could commit a (hideous, vile, charitable) crime.
14. An overweight person would be (portly, corpulent, slender.)
15. A beautiful piece of artwork is a (despicable, lovely, exquisite) thing to see.